Undocumented people face many challenges in accessing basic and human rights in European cities. Since 2019, a network of grassroots, migrant-led and cultural institutional organisations have collaborated to co-create a Toolkit for Inclusive Cities: a collection of innovative and creative practices and ideas to make cities more inclusive, focused on undocumented people. In a diverse thematic evening (7-10PM) full of programmes, there are several break-outs in which the topics related to the toolkit will be discussed. This evening is a festive launch of the toolkit created by the European network City Rights United. You are invited to join the conversations, presentations and debates to learn more about and engage with the practices that help make our cities more inclusive.
With various (inter)national speakers and in a mix of plenary and break-out sessions, we dive into the best practices from Europe that the City Rights United team collected. Throughout the evening, there is a walk-in marketplace with t-shirts and other merchandise run and developed by undocumented people!
Register here for the conference in Pakhuis de Zwijger (access to this offline event is free, registration necessary).
7-8 PM | Plenary opening
- Inclusive Cities for All: presentation of the City Rights United project’s “Toolkit for inclusive cities”.
8:15-9PM | Breakout sessions
- Re:framing Migrants in European Media: conversation on self-representation of migrants and undocumented people in the media.
- Regularise Now!: learning from impactful campaigns demanding regularisation for undocumented people in Europe.
- Legalisation through Education: how legalisation to school access can pave the way to the legalisation of undocumented youth in the Netherlands.
- A roadmap for the City ID: a presentation of European best practices for implementation of a City ID card for undocumented people.
9:15-10 PM | Plenary closing
- From toolkit to transformation: what can cities do to be more inclusive for undocumented people? Round-up session with talks, live music and special fashionshows by PrintRights & Top Manta.
“The Toolkit for Inclusive Cities” is a collection of practices in European cities to make their cities more inclusive and accessible for undocumented people. The toolkit takes many forms: posters, videos, podcasts but also workshops and lectures. The toolkit is the result of 2 years of intense collaboration between various partners in Europe sharing their experiences, practices and knowledge on organising locally and overcoming local challenges for undocumented people.
The toolkit will be presented during this conference on May 12 in Pakhuis de Zwijger. The conference continues for 2 days (on May 13-14) in BAK Utrecht, with worksessions and events. See the website of City Rights United for more information