A shout out to all organisations and business startups working on re-vitalising old sites and buildings: take a look at this startup-competition by the European research project CLIC. It supports the best business ideas and startups in the field of cultural heritage adaptive reuse, inspired by the circular economy principles. The keywords: sustainable development, social innovation, ethical finance, safe tourism.
The Competition is aimed at early-stage startups, informal teams and talented innovators. The 5 most voted projects will access a mentoring and acceleration programme provided by Iniziativa Cube, worth €15,000. Winners will be supported in fine-tuning their business model, drawing up their business plan and investors’ scouting for fundraising.
The key areas the competition focuses on are:
- Cultural, safe and sustainable tourism
- Creative, cultural, education and entertainment industries
- Heritage community, social innovation and ethical finance
- Technologies and materials for the circular city and building
- Abandoned cultural landscape regeneration
The application for the competition is available from September 2020.