Pakhuis de Zwijger and the Hummus Academy proudly present an evening with awarded chef Sami Tamimi.
Welcome to a special opportunity and intimate experinece with chef Sami Tamimi, co-partner of Ottolenghi. The Tamimi-Ottolenghi brand is that of fresh contemporary dishes with roots in the Palestinian cuisine. Chef Tamimi will be flying in from London, offering a private cooking class demo. Tamimi will prepare and elaborate on the dish that is at the heart of the Palestinian heritage: the iconic Hummus. The chef will then be open for questions in a Q&A before a special dinner.
Your experience and ticket include:
- A cooking demo of making authentic Hummus with two different toppings.
- Q&A with Tamimi.
- Talks by global experts: What is The Hummus Academy? Why will Hummus be the first thing to plant on Mars? Can Hummus be claimed? The 13,000-year history of Hummus and its recipes.
- A special vegetarian Palestinian Dinner inspired by chef Tamimi.
- You will go home with a printed indigenous recipe for a perfect Hummus, as well as fresh information about ingredients and histories of food from this cuisine.
- The evening offers a pop-up ethical Souq of Hummus, Tahini, Summaq, Zaatar and other related products.
Sami Tamimi and Yotam Ottolenghi are co-partners of restaurants and co-author chefs of Jerusalem and Ottolenghi: The Cookbook. His latest book Falastin (co-authored with T. Wigley and in bookstores in Dutch) is a love letter to Palestine where Tamimi retraces the lineage and evolution of his country’s cuisine. Falastin covers the territory between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River. The Tamimi & Ottolenghi books have sold over a million copies in the Netherlands alone.
“The Palestinian cuisine is probably my favorite cuisine” – Yotam Ottolenghi
Book early, limited seats.