Times are weird as we adjust to our new ‘normal’. The casual “Hi, let’s go and grab a coffee!” is a no-go right now. Since jobs are scarce, self-promotion is all the more important - and the need to find different ways to throw your hat in the ring is paramount. How do we come across as creative, ballsy, and ‘must-have’ without seeming desperate, arrogant or irrelevant?
During this LIVECAST, futurefactor’s founding partner Kerrie Finch will get together with female business leaders to talk candidly about taking the shame out of self-promotion. How do you get that (video conference) meeting with your top-listed prospects? And when you get it, how do you successfully nail that call?
Join the conversation to learn from the best in business on why blowing your own trumpet is a good thing. Gain practical insight into digital tools for business development – and have a laugh about the faux pas.
- With hospitality DNA running through her veins and multiple years of experience in various commercial roles – Maj Hecker is now combining her passion for sales and a service mindset in understanding customers through a consultative sales approach. Maj strongly believes that focusing on understanding your customer and digging deeper into their needs is the ultimate way of building trust and respect. She teaches her pupils how to connect their own values to their business relations, and in doing so, form long-lasting relationships. As the Head of Talent & Skill Development at Management Events, she has trained hundreds of new recruits to use the ‘trusted advisor’ approach in dialogues with C-suite executives of Fortune500 companies and IT solution providers. Alongside she created the ME Academy, a program aimed at supporting all business functions internally in their career development.
- After graduating as Industrial Engineer at the age of 20, Melissa Romero set on an adventure that took her living in 7 countries, learning 5 languages fluently, leading a 250 million dollar business in a Fortune 500 company, and founding Lean In | Netherlands. Melissa is living her purpose of giving others a voice by leading the team of 35+ volunteers at Lean In Netherlands, that together have for mission ‘Shaping a new definition of leadership, where everyone can thrive by being 100% themselves’. They do so via their programs and corporate advisory in Diversity and Inclusion.
- Wies Bratby is a top-lawyer-turned-HR-Director-turned-coach-slash-consultant. Originally from The Netherlands and having lived in different countries, she now calls Switzerland home. Through her coaching and consulting practice Women In Negotiation, she helps women across the world realise their worth, communicate it, and get them the positions and salaries they want. As President of Lean In Switzerland, she helps leverage women’s peer support powers and organises workshops and conferences regarding diversity and inclusion. Wies is also a sought-after keynote speaker and workshop trainer, inspiring women to proactively negotiate for everything they want, need and deserve in their careers and lives.
- Viv Groskop is an author, stand-up comedian and TV and radio presenter. She has hosted book tours for Graham Norton and Jo Brand, is the veteran of five Edinburgh Fringe shows. She is the author of Lift As You Climb: Women and the Art of Ambition. Her acclaimed guide to public speaking, How To Own the Room, inspired the chart-topping podcast of the same name, where Viv interviews women like Hillary Clinton, Margaret Atwood, Nigella Lawson, Nadiya Hussain and Meera Syal about confidence, power, and presence. She has presented BBC Radio 4’s Front Row and Saturday Review and appears regularly on television. As an executive coach, she works with women across business, media, and advertising, helping them to hone their authority, presence, and leadership.
- Fiona Harrold is a highly sought after Business Mentor, Coach, and Consultant. With a focus on uncovering the hidden gold in your business and combining mindset shifts with practical proven business growth strategies Fiona has helped clients to literally transform their businesses overnight. She has worked with numerous organisations including Virgin Atlantic, American Express, Vauxhall and Proctor & Gamble. Fiona is also an internationally recognised coach and bestselling author. Her books include Be Your Own Life Coach and The 7 Rules of Success.