Did you also experience a little bit of social media jealousy last month, seeing your timeline being filled with pictures of the latest trends and innovations, the newest gear, art, music, celebs and other weirdness? Every March, tens of thousands of tech influencers and innovators, corporate hacks and computer hackers, regulators and reporters descend on Austin for SXSW Interactive, an interdisciplinary festival to celebrate and discuss the power of business, technology, and design to drive economic, environmental and social change. If you missed it, don't worry. We invited some of the Dutch highlights to fill you in on their projects and the trends in their business and drench you in the SXSW experience!
With amongst others:
- Presentations by the following startups: Outlander materials, EventX, and The Helia
- Must-have-seens in (interactive) media and the digital design trends of 2019 by Max Pinas (Dept), Bert Hagendoorn (Dutch Digital Design)
- Talks about the highlights in design, society & impact with Dutch Design Foundation, BrabantC, Sheltersuit, Growing Pavilion & Kozie
- A short-docu by Symphonic Cinema
- Lastly, Bas Reeders (Dutch Music Export) and Max van Bossé (Paradiso) will keep us updated on the up and coming in the music industry of this years SXSW.
New Dutch Wave
New Dutch Wave is a platform designed to inspire, connect and generate new business, celebrating topnotch Dutch creativity and entrepreneurship. From the 9th till the 13th of March 2019, New Dutch Wave hosted two venues at SXSW in Austin, the New Dutch Wave House and the New Dutch Wave Booth. The program included inspiring talks, meet and greets, interactive panel discussions, innovative product demos, top performances & art installations and many great showcases. Dutch entrepreneurs, creatives, start-ups, artists, as well as the Dutch government and our smartest cities were able to present themselves to a relevant international audience. Arne Koefoed, Atilla Meijs, and Danny Frietman share their experiences.