The Netherlands and Japan share more than 400 years’ history of exchange. This exchange resulted in precious cultural heritage that inspire artists, designers and craftsmen from both countries to find each other, work together and continue the mutual inspirations. At the event Outlook: Japan 2020 we will connect the past, the present day and especially the near future of 2020, when Japan will again attract the world’s attention with the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games, and look into new opportunities and challenges for Dutch-Japanese collaboration in the arts and culture field.
Met in dit programma onder anderen
Unfortunately this program is sold out. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want your name to be put on the waiting list, mentioning your name and organization.
- Joep van Lankveld, Paralympic athlete and project employee for Sports Inclusion at the Dutch Olympic Committee (NOC*NSF) will give a speech.
- Yusuke Nakajima, director of the Tokyo Art Book Fair will introduce his organization, its vision and efforts in bringing people together in Japan.
- Olivier Fabre, third-generation Japanese / European LGBTQ activist and journalist representing Pridehouse Tokyo will share his story and introduce the activities and aim of Pridehouse Tokyo.
- Emiko Chujo, director and founder of MONO Japan will talk about her years’ of experience resonating Japanese craftsmanship with Dutch design.
- Heidi Vogels, coordinator DutchCulture | TransArtists will share her insights into the artist-in-residence network in Japan.
Photo Joep van Lankveld by Mathilde Dusol
Photo Emiko Chujo by Kiyomi Yui / Studio Frog